Catholic Adult Faith Formation has something to offer every adult in our parish! Whether you’re 18 or 88; we encourage you to attend a class and learn more about your Catholic faith!
Christian Initiation (RCIA)
- Interested in becoming Catholic?
- Interested in completing your Sacraments of Initiation (Confirmation and/or Holy Communion)?
- Are you married to a Catholic and want your entire family to worship together?
- Have you been baptized, but never received Reconciliation, Communion, or Confirmation?
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is for all these situations. We can receive inquirers at any time, so NOW is the time!
CONTACT Andy McNutt, Email Andy
Interested in growing in faith but can’t make it to class? Check out all of the great classes, videos, and books on formed.org! If you can’t make it to our Children of Mary HAPP retreats, you can do it online, for free! Our Parish Passcode: 61a2db
Hearts Afire Parish Process
The Hearts Afire Parish Process (HAPP) includes 3 stages:
- 33 Days to Morning Glory (Focus: Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary)- Starting in October, this beautiful 6-week retreat meets once a week for DVD and discussion time. It concludes with the Consecration to Jesus through Mary on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.
- Consoling the Heart of Jesus (Focus: Divine Mercy and Sacred Heart)- Starting at the end of January (depending on Easter’s location that year), this life-changing 10-week retreat meets once a week for DVD and discussion time. It concludes with the Feast of Divine Mercy.
- The One Thing is Three – (Focus: Holy Trinity leads us to Wisdom and Works of Mercy) Starting in late August, this 10-week study of a simple, easy-to-understand theology of the Holy Trinity meets once a week for discussion. It concludes with a celebration on Christ the King.
CONTACT Sarah Dockstader, 512-348-9442, Email Sarah
Light of the World Retreat
Light of the World Retreat
“A beautiful spiritual experience that will truly enable our spiritual journey together. Thank you for sharing your journey in finding Christ!” Enjoy a weekend filled with faith, sharing, laughter, and discovery. The Retreat begins Friday evening and continues through the weekend, concluding on Sunday evening.
The Retreat is:
- Once a year
- Friday through Sunday
- Free of charge
- Onsite, so there are no overnight stays.
- And..all meals and snacks are provided. No one goes hungry!
CONTACT Lea Weaver, Director of Religious Education, 853-0135, or Email Lea
Catholicism 101 meets between the 8:00 and 10:30 masses on Sundays.
Our own Fr. Ernie answers questions and talks about Catholic basics and hot topics as the questions arise.
Coffee and donuts are available in the narthex. Grab one and join us in the Fellowship Hall. Walk-ins Welcome!
Fishers of Men
Fishers of Men
We invite all men of the parish to meet every Friday, 6:45-7:45am, in the Ministry House.
The Fishers of Men will read and discuss one chapter each week from Gospel of Luke. Please drop in to the meetings as your schedule permits. Bring your Bible and enjoy the conversation.
CONTACT Pete Daunais, 861-7349
Study the Scriptures
Are you growing in your faith? Do you want to deepen your relationship with God?
Scripture study is a great way to do this!
Scripture Study runs September to May each year.
For more information or to learn more about Catholic Scripture Study International, go to www.catholicscripturestudy.com.
Small Church Communities
Small Church Community
Our small church communities are usually, but not always, formed after the Light of the World retreat.
The parish guides each community to fellowship, praise, study, serve, and pray together. If you are interested in joining one of the small church communities at our parish, we will be glad to help get you connected!
July: One Thing is Three (HAPP 3) Signups
August: Scripture Study Signups
September: 33 Days of Morning Glory (HAPP 1) Signups
October: Light of the World Retreat Signups
November: Advent Family Fun Day
December: Consoling the Heart of Jesus (HAPP 2) Signups